Echo360 provide the ability for other instructors to allow OTHER course instructors, teaching assistants, and/or students to create copies of media from the Class List.
Creating a copy generates an exact copy of the media that the user now owns and which appears in their Library.
Copies can be made of any media that has been published to a class in the section, including captures, uploaded videos, interactive media, or presentations (including activity or media slides). The exception is that STUDENTS CANNOT create copies of interactive media from the class list.
The Create copy feature can be enabled or disabled separately for instructors and teaching assistants, or students. Note that if these options are grayed out, your administrator has set them at a higher level and does not allow for overrides at the course level.
If enabled, the user sees the Create copy option on the content icon menu in the Class List.
Students cannot generate copies if:
1) The student library is disabled - copies of media appear in the user's Library. If the Student Library is disabled, students cannot access any copies they make.
2) The item is interactive media - students cannot create copies of interactive media in a class.
To avoid confusion, Echo360 does not show the Create copy option for students in these situations.
To enable/disable student and/or instructor copying of class content
- Log in as an instructor.
- Navigate to the SETTINGS tab for the course.
- Select Features from the left side of the tab, identified in the above figure.
- Toggle on or off the Create copy options, defined as follows:
If the Student Library is disabled, students will not see the Create copy option even if this toggle is turned on. Students also do not see Create copy for interactive media. See above note for details.
- Allow instructors and teaching assistants to copy course content - This allows other instructors in the section to make copies of any content from the class list (videos or presentations, including activities). The copy generated is an exact duplicate of the original and the user who initiated the copy is now the owner. The content appears in their Library.
- Allow students to copy course content - This allows any student in the section to make copies of any content from the class list (videos or presentations, including activities). The copy generated is an exact duplicate of the original and the user who initiated the copy is the owner. The content appears in their Library.
- Click OK on the confirmation message that appears.
The Create copy functionality is now set for the section.