Echo360 users can share content with other users, however, the functionality available for shared content is minimal (view, remove, and download if enabled). Instructors can now provide the ability for other instructors, teaching assistant, students, or all of these users to create copies of media from the Class List
Creating a copy generates an exact copy of the media that the user now owns and which appears in the My Content tab of their Content home page.
Copies can be made of any item that has been published to a class in the section, including captures, uploaded videos, or presentations (including activity or media slides).
The Create copy feature can be enabled or disabled separately for instructors and teaching assistants, or students. Note that if these options are grayed out, your administrator as set them at a higher level and does not allow for overrides at the course level.
If enabled, the user sees the Create copy option on the content icon menu in the Class List.
Students cannot generate copies if the Student Library is disabled. Copies of media appear in the user's Content Library. If the Student Library is disabled, students cannot access any copies they make. To avoid confusion, Echo360 does not show the Create copy option for students, regardless of how this toggle is set at the course level.
To enable/disable student and/or instructor copying of published content
- Log in as an instructor.
- Navigate to the SETTINGS tab for the course.
- Select Features from the left side of the tab, identified in the above figure.
- Toggle on or off the Create copy options, defined as follows:
If the Student Library is disabled, students will not see the Create copy option even if this toggle is turned on. See above note for details.
- Allow instructors and teaching assistants to copy course content - This allows other instructors in the section to make copies of any content from the class list (videos or presentations, including activities). The copy generated is an exact duplicate of the original and the user who initiated the copy is now the owner. The content appears in their My Content library.
- Allow students to copy course content - This allows any student in the section to make copies of any content from the class list (videos or presentations, including activities). The copy generated is an exact duplicate of the original and the user who initiated the copy is the owner. The content appears in their My Content library.
- Click OK on the confirmation message that appears.
The Create copy functionality is now set for the section.