Echo360 lets you upload presentations to your content home or a class, then edit the presentation directly in Echo360 by adding or deleting slides/pages.
There are four ways to add slides to a presentation through the Echo360 interface:
- Upload - upload an existing slide from your computer or other online source.
- Import - import one or more slides from a presentation already in your content home
- Create a media slide - embed a rich media slide into your presentation
- Add a polling slide - insert questions or other activities for the students to respond to.
You can also create a blank slide in the presentation to act as a spacer or "pause" location to display while students do something else.
ALTERNATELY, you can download and install the Microsoft Office PowerPoint Ribbon add-on provided by Echo360. This add-on allows you to create and edit a slide deck through PowerPoint, including adding activity slides, then publish it to a class.
Creating and Editing Presentations
The workflow for using presentations in Echo360 involves the following steps:
- Creating a presentation or PDF file in an external program such as Powerpoint, Pages, or Adobe Acrobat, or other similar program. As long as the completed file is in one of the accepted content formats.
- Uploading that file to Echo360.
- Adding different types of slides to the presentation.
- Adding polling slides to the presentation.
- Adding slides from a file or polls already resident in your library.
It is important to understand that "editing your presentation" in Echo360 means "adding, re-ordering, and removing slides". You can EDIT any polling slides you add to your presentation but those are the only type of slides that allow for editing the slide itself. Otherwise editing involves manipulation of the deck, not the slides.
It is also important to remember that presentations created and uploaded through the Echo360 Powerpoint Ribbon add-on cannot be edited in Echo360. You must perform all edits in Powerpoint and then re-publish or update through the Echo360 ribbon options.