You can add numerical poll to a presentation or interactive media. Students indicate the correct answer by entering the correct value.
The poll can specify a single correct value or a range, wherein the student response must fall within that range. The response fields accept positive and negative integers and decimals, as well as "e" to indicate exponent values (10e7 for example).
To create a numerical poll
- Open the presentation or video/interactive media from your library and select Edit Media for a presentation or Add Poll/Edit Polls for a video or interactive media.
Alternately, if you are editing from the section's class list, click the media icon and select Details from the icon menu. This opens the media details page exposing the above noted commands.
- For a Presentation select ADD POLL as shown below.
- For interactive media, select Create A Poll as shown below.
- Select the Numerical option.
- Enter the Question. You can enter up to 1000 characters.
- Enter a value or a range of acceptable values.
The value fields accept both positive and negative integers and decimals, as well as "e" for notating exponents.
- If you want students to elaborate on their answer(s), click Require justification. Requiring justifications will preclude students from being able to respond via SMS.
- Click DONE.
The numerical poll is added to either your presentation or interactive media. You may want to preview the completed poll before finalizing your additions or edits, so that you are sure it appears the way you want it to.
Below is an image of what a numerical poll in a presentation looks like to a student in a classroom.