You can add ordered list polls to a presentation or interactive media. Students respond to your question by putting a list of responses in the correct or requested order.
To create an ordered list poll
- Open the presentation or video/interactive media from your library and select Edit Media for a presentation or Add Poll/Edit Polls for a video or interactive media.
Alternately, if you are editing from the section's class list, click the media icon and select Details from the icon menu. This opens the media details page exposing the above noted commands.
- For a Presentation select ADD POLL as shown below.
- For interactive media, select Create A Poll as shown below.
- Select the Ordered list option. The Create an ordered list poll form appears as shown below.
- If this poll is being placed in interactive media, enter or confirm the Poll time placement field. It corresponds to the location of playback when the Create a poll button was clicked. This field does NOT appear for presentations.
- Enter Question text. You can enter up to 1000 characters.
- Enter the answer options in the "correct" order. See below note.
- To require the students to place the list in the PROPER order, enable the Has a correct answer checkbox.
NOTE: If the poll has a correct answer, Echo360 randomizes the order on the slide when it is presented to students. If there is NO "correct answer", the options will be shown in the order you enter them.
- If you want students to elaborate on their answer(s), click Require justification. Requiring justifications will preclude students from being able to respond via SMS.
- Click DONE.
The ordered list poll is added to either your presentation or interactive media. You may want to preview the completed poll before finalizing your additions or edits, so that you are sure it appears the way you want it to.
Below is an image of what a multiple choice poll in a presentation looks like to a student in a classroom.