You can add image polls to a presentation or interactive media. Image polls are created by uploading an image, entering a question, and then marking the solution location in the image. Students interact with the poll by clicking an area on the image that corresponds with their answer to the question in the poll.
Image polls cannot be responded to via SMS.
To create an image poll
- Open the presentation or video/interactive media from your library and select Edit Media for a presentation or Add Poll/Edit Polls for a video or interactive media.
Alternately, if you are editing from the section's class list, click the media icon and select Details from the icon menu. This opens the media details page exposing the above noted commands.
- For a Presentation select ADD POLL as shown below.
- For interactive media, select Create A Poll as shown below.
- Select the Image poll option.
- Enter the Question. You can enter up to 1000 characters.
- Click CHOOSE IMAGE, and select the image to use.
The image appears on the poll, with an Image Alt Text box and a Mark Solution button.
- Click MARK SOLUTION to outline the area on the image that is the solution to the question.
- Enter brief but descriptive Alt Text for the image. The field has a 500 character limit.
Alt text is "read" by screen readers to describe the image and provide context for non-sighted and low-sighted users. For tips on how to best use alt-text, see https://webaim.org/techniques/alttext/.
- If appropriate, enable the Require justification checkbox. This requires students to enter a justification for their response.
- Click DONE.
The image poll is added to either your presentation or interactive media. You may want to preview the completed poll before finalizing your additions or edits, so that you are sure it appears the way you want it to.
Below is what an image poll in a presentation looks like to a student in a classroom.