You can add short answer polls to a presentation or interactive media. You specify the question and the student enters their response into a text box.
Student responses are limited to 60K (60000) characters or less.
To create a short answer poll
- Open the presentation or video/interactive media from your library and select Edit Media for a presentation or Add Poll/Edit Polls for a video or interactive media.
Alternately, if you are editing from the section's class list, click the media icon and select Details from the icon menu. This opens the media details page exposing the above noted commands.
- For a Presentation select ADD POLL as shown below.
- For interactive media, select Create A Poll as shown below.
- Select the Short answer option.
- If this poll is being placed in interactive media, enter or confirm the Poll time placement field. It corresponds to the location of playback when the Create a poll button was clicked. This field does NOT appear for presentations.
- Enter the Question text. You can enter up to 1000 characters.
- Click the Feedback chevron to expand the dialog box and show the Feedback text field available, as shown in the above figure.
- If desired, enter general response feedback. You can enter up to 1000 characters in each field.
This is optional.
The Feedback you enter appears in Interactive Media polls after the student submits an answer, and in Presentation polls after the poll is closed for further responses.
- Click DONE.
The short answer poll is added to either your presentation or interactive media. You may want to preview the completed poll before finalizing your additions or edits, so that you are sure it appears the way you want it to.
Below is an image of what a short answer poll in a presentation looks like to a student in a classroom.