By default, classes in the Class List are listed by date and time, with the oldest class appearing at the top and classes without dates appearing at the bottom of the class list.
Instructors and teaching assistants can change the order of the class list to show the Newest Classes first, reset the original Oldest Classes first order, or Drag-and-Drop classes into any order they choose. Students will see the classes in the newly-set order, although they can temporarily re-sort them chronologically if they want.
Reordering also allows you to drag existing classes into or out of a collection as needed.
Basically, clicking the Reorder button puts the class list into "edit mode" allowing you to move classes up or down in the list, or to drag them into or out of a collection. The Newest first and Oldest first links at the top simply provide an easy way to sort the list chronologically by date.
To change the order of the class list OR to add/remove classes from a collection
- Navigate to the class list for a section, either by clicking a Course tile on the Course tab or via a link in your LMS.
- Click Reorder located immediately above the class list on the left side.
If you are planning to add classes to a collection, or move the classes around in the collection, suggest you expand the class collection first, as shown in the below figure.
- To sort the class list chronologically, click one of the Sort By options. This INCLUDES sorting classes within any collections chronologically as well.
When sorting by Oldest first, all classes or collections with no date/time appear at the top of the list; when sorting Newest first, those classes/collections appear at the bottom.
- To manually move items to different locations, click and drag any class or class collection to its new location in the class list.
ALTERNATELY, use the up/down arrows to the right of each class/collection to move that class/collection to a different location.
- If necessary, expand a collection to click-and-drag classes into or out of the collection.
The below figure shows an Ad Hoc Capture class being dragged into an existing collection.
- Repeat any of these steps as necessary.
- When finished, click SAVE.
Students coming to the class list page will now see the classes in their new order. They still have the option to temporarily sort their view by newest or oldest class, but on refresh and by default all students (and other instructors) see the order you set.