End of Support for Personal Capture
August 30th, 2019: The download links for PCAP will be removed from the platform. This is also the end of support date for these applications in Europe, Middle East, and Africa (EMEA). While the applications will likely continue to work for the rest of the year, there will be no support available. Clients in the EMEA region should plan a full transition to Universal Capture before this time. Clients in other regions can continue to use existing PCAP installations but will no longer have the ability to download it.
January 15th, 2020: This date marks both the end of life and the end of support for these applications globally. As of this date, PCAP will cease to work with the Echo360 platform due to enhancements in the capture pipeline that will only work with Universal Capture. It is of utmost importance that all Echo360 clients complete their transition to Universal Capture by this time.
There are some known issues where Personal Capture cannot capture Display input properly at the native resolution for certain Retina Display models of MacBook Pro, MacBook Air, and iMac.
- On the MacBook Air 11" Retina Display model, the native resolution is 1366x768. Personal capture does not support this resolution/ratio.
- Workaround: Open System Preferences and change the screen resolution to something smaller (i.e., 1280x720).
- On the MacBook Pro 15" Retina Display model, the native resolution is 2880x1880. Personal Capture does not support this resolution/ratio. Furthermore, the MacBook Pro does not provide the ability to change screen resolution settings.
- Workaround 1 (for MacBook Pro 15" Retina Display model): Use an External Monitor via the MacBook Pro Thunderbolt port.
- Workaround 2 (for MacBook Pro 15" Retina Display model): Install a third-party application that allows you to select a different screen resolution. Echo360 has been successful testing with QuickRes, available at http://www.quickresapp.com. Install QuickRes and set the screen resolution below 2880 x 1880, then launch Personal Capture. If Display capture still shows issues or distortion, try a different resolution.
- Personal Capture does not support the native resolution/ratio on iMacs with a Retina Display (21.5" 4K and 27" 5K models).
Workaround: Configure your Audio/Video settings within Personal Capture to capture at a Smaller Size rather than at Actual Size.
Please see Configure Recording Devices for Personal Capture for Mac
- Workaround: Configure your Audio/Video settings within Personal Capture to capture at a Smaller Size rather than at Actual Size.
Personal Capture is designed to ensure that files it produces will play on a large range of devices (from mobile to desktop). To accomplish this, we scale the processed recordings down to 1280x720, in order to ease bandwidth and other viewing requirements for the end user. On the larger resolution Retina Display models, users may start experiencing quality issues when attempting to capture fine detail (like small text sizes), due to this built-in downscaling.
In addition to the workarounds listed above, we recommend that users increase their text size by making the following changes to their settings:
- On the Mac, open System Preferences.
- Navigate to Display Preferences.
- Under Resolution Select Scaled.
- Select the Larger Text option.
- Click OK when prompted for confirmation