End of Support for Personal Capture
August 30th, 2019: The download links for PCAP will be removed from the platform. This is also the end of support date for these applications in Europe, Middle East, and Africa (EMEA). While the applications will likely continue to work for the rest of the year, there will be no support available. Clients in the EMEA region should plan a full transition to Universal Capture before this time. Clients in other regions can continue to use existing PCAP installations but will no longer have the ability to download it.
January 15th, 2020: This date marks both the end of life and the end of support for these applications globally. As of this date, PCAP will cease to work with the Echo360 platform due to enhancements in the capture pipeline that will only work with Universal Capture. It is of utmost importance that all Echo360 clients complete their transition to Universal Capture by this time.
Personal Capture (PCAP) is a stand-alone application designed to be used by Instructors on their personal computers to generate captures outside of the classroom environment.
The topics in this section of the Online Help provide installation and user instructions for Personal Capture for Mac and include:
- Install Personal Capture for Mac - you may also want to refer to the note on this page regarding recent changes to the downloaded installer
- Configure Personal Capture for Mac
- Configure Recording Devices for Personal Capture for Mac
- Create a Recording in Personal Capture for Mac
- Review and Edit a Recording in Personal Capture for Mac
- Publish a Recording from Personal Capture for Mac
PCAP cannot record high-definition content that is protected by High-bandwidth Digital Content Protection (HDCP). Newer Mac models have HDCP enabled, which restricts the playback of some types of content in high-definition. If you attempt to record the display feed of HDCP-protected content, the display may be blank, be shown as disconnected, or may record in very low resolution/quality. You can play the content in Standard Definition, or attempt another workaround (search Apple forums for possible solutions).
Refer also to:
- Personal Capture Specifications - for minimum Mac system requirements
- Supported Devices for Personal Capture Mac for a list of supported microphones and cameras.
See Personal Capture For Windows for instructions for Windows users.
Known Issues for capture on some Retina Display Mac models. See Using PCAP Mac on Retina Display Models for information on workarounds and configuration settings to get the best possible output for your PCAP Mac recordings.