Each Echo360 course has an option for instructors to allow or disable the ability for other course members to download the media published to classes. The setting applies to all content across the course, and to all users.
If disabled, users will not see the "Download" or "Download original" menu options when they click on the content icon in the Class List.
Interactive media downloads result in the user downloading the video from which the interactive media was created. Students will NOT see the download option until they have responded to ALL of the polls embedded in the media.
If downloads are enabled, instructors have the additional options for media downloads to ONLY the Audio-file for a video in the class (see the note below). Instructors can also enable or disable whether or users can download media from the course after the end of the term.
If any of these options are dimmed and you cannot change them, it means your administrator has it set at a higher level (organization, department, or institution) and with overrides disallowed for any lower levels. If you think you should be able to change the setting for your section, contact your administrator.
- Selecting Download original from the video icon in the class list provides only the mp3 selection for download
- Presentations will not be downloadable, as they do not have separate audio files.
These selections only affect downloads from the Class List for a course. They do not affect what items a user can download from their Library. As such, you may want to review your Create Copy settings for both Instructors and Students, to be sure users cannot bypass video download limitations by creating their own copy of class published content. Users can still download any content that they own from their Library.
To enable or disable class media downloads
- Log in as an instructor.
- Navigate to the SETTINGS tab for the course.
- Select Features from the left side of the tab, identified in the above figure.
- Toggle the Class Content downloads switch off to disable the ability to download content (it is enabled by default).
- Enable or disable the Audio-only downloads toggle as appropriate.
- Enable or disable the Out of term downloads toggle as appropriate.
- Review and click OK on confirmation messages as they appear.
The Download options are now set and will apply to ALL media published to this course.