Viewing the media in a collection is easy, and works just like viewing media from your library.
Click on the collection to see all the media, then click on a media tile and the media player opens. Simple!
To access and view collection media
- Click Collections on the top menu, identified in the below figure.
- Click on a Collection tile to enter the collection and see what media is contained in it.
Alternately, your library has a Collections panel at the top; click on a collection tile from your library page to enter the collection.
The collection opens on the Media tab as shown in the below figure.
- Click on a media tile to open the collection media details page and view the media.
The collection media viewer works the same as other media players in the system. You will also see media commands below the player. Whether any of these are active and clickable depend on what permissions beyond viewing you have in the collection. See Collections - Overview for more information and further links if necessary.
Use your browser's BACK button to EXIT the player. Alternately, you can click any of the options in the main menu to go to that area of Echo360.
If you are viewing "playable" media (video, audio, or interactive media), the playback control bar contains all of the tools you should need. These are identified in the below figure.
The left side of the playback control bar contains:
- Play/Pause button
- Skip forward/skip back buttons (10 second intervals)
- Volume control button
- Current timestamp/total duration of media
The playback bar also shows current playback progress in the colored line above the controls.
The right side of the playback control bar contains:
- Sources button for selecting which visual feed to view, or both side-by-side as shown below. This button ONLY appears if the media has multiple visual feeds (the recording of the lecturer and the computer display for example).
- CC button for turning on/off closed captions (if present),
- Speed control button/indicator
- Settings button for controlling streaming quality, closed caption settings, or opening the keyboard shortcuts list as shown below.
- Full Screen button which expands playback to the full size of your monitor.
For viewing a presentation, hover your mouse over the presentation to expose navigation arrows on either side and a Slide Grid view button on the top, as identified in the below figure. The arrows are for paging through the presentation, and the Slide Grid view button allows you to click it to select a different (non-sequential) slide in the presentation. It also shows which slide number you are currently viewing.
Again, to exit the player, use your browser's BACK button. Or click any of the options from the top menu to navigate to those pages (Collections, Courses, or Library).