Viewing the content in a group is easy, and works just like viewing media from your library. Click on the tile and the media player opens. Simple!
To access and view group media
- Click Groups on the top menu.
- Click on the Group tile to enter the main group page.
The group opens on the Content tab by default, shown in the below figure
- Click on a content tile to open the group media player.
The group media player works the same as other media players in the system.
To EXIT the media viewer, use your browser's BACK button. This returns you to the group content page. Alternately, click Groups from the top menu to return to the MAIN groups page.
If you are viewing "playable" media (video, audio, or interactive media), the playback control bar contains all of the tools you should need. These are identified in the below figure.
The left side of the playback control bar contains:
- Play/Pause button
- Skip forward/skip back buttons (10 second intervals)
- Volume control button
- Current timestamp/total duration of media
The playback bar also shows current playback progress in the colored line above the controls.
The right side of the playback control bar contains:
- Sources button for selecting which visual feed to view, or both side-by-side as shown below. This button ONLY appears if the media has multiple visual feeds (the recording of the lecturer and the computer display for example).
- CC button for turning on/off closed captions (if present),
- Speed control button/indicator
- Settings button for controlling streaming quality, closed caption settings, or opening the keyboard shortcuts list as shown below.
- Full Screen button which expands playback to the full size of your monitor.
For viewing a presentation, hover your mouse over the presentation to expose navigation arrows on either side and a Slide Grid view button on the top, as identified in the below figure. The arrows are for paging through the presentation, and the Slide Grid view button allows you to click it to select a different (non-sequential) slide in the presentation. It also shows which slide number you are currently viewing.
Again, to exit the player, use your browser's BACK button to return to the Group content page. Or click any of the options from the top menu to navigate to those pages (Groups, Courses, or Library).