The ANALYTICS page for a course/section provides a lot of information regarding student engagement and classroom participation. There are FIVE tabs in the Analytics page, each of which are described below along with links to more information about the functionality available on the tabs.
NOTE that Teaching Assistants CANNOT see the Analytics tab OR the Polling tab, and have no access to any of the functionality described on this page or in this group of help articles.
Be sure to also check out the POLLING page, located to the left of the Analytics page. This tab is where instructors can review student responses to the polling questions put into classes. The Polling tab is easy to navigate, as the ONLY thing it contains is a list of classes that have polling questions, the questions contained in each of those classes, and all student responses provided to those questions.
The tabs, located on the left side of the Analytics page, are as follows:
- Classes Tab - Contains data broken down by class, including a bar graph for each class along with a grid view of student participation data for each class. You can export this data (along with additional fields) to a CSV file as well.
- Students Tab - Contains student participation data for all students in the course, rolled up across ALL classes, or for each class if one is selected. You can export this data (along with additional fields) to a CSV file as well.
- Weighting Tab - Allows you to customize the Weighted Engagement percentage calculation based on what types of student participation are important to you.
- Engagement Tab - Allows you to see a list of students who are lagging behind the other students in the course with respect to engaging with the materials. You may wish to follow up with these students. The Engagement tab also provides a consolidated list of Confused Flag locations marked by students in the course. Clicking each Confusion entry takes you to the classroom location where the flag was identified.
- LMS Gradebook - Allows you to export any one of four different student data metrics to your LMS Gradebook, if configured.