Installing the Echo360 PowerPoint Ribbon add-on provides a new "Echo360" tab in PowerPoint, containing commands specific to creating, editing and publishing PPT presentations to your sections. It includes the ability to create and preview interactive activity slides within the presentation.
The Echo360 PowerPoint Ribbon add-on is currently a Windows-only add-on, and is available for the 32-bit and 64-bit versions of Office 2010, 2013, and 2016.
Which version do I have? The -bit version of MS Office you are running may not be the same as the Windows OS version. To determine the Office version, open PowerPoint, then File > Help OR File > Account > About PowerPoint (depending on what version of Office you are running).
The Help/About page shows the software version along with whether it is 32-bit or 64-bit (to the right of the version number).
Installation and use of the PowerPoint Ribbon add-on has the following requirements:
- You must be logged in as an Instructor or an Admin to obtain the download.
- In order to publish via the add-on, you must be assigned as an Instructor for at least one section.
- You must have .NET 4.5 or higher installed on the computer. If you do not, the installer will attempt to install it for you.
Upgrading the PowerPoint ribbon add-on
Upgrading the ribbon add-on is the same as installing it. Simply use the instructions below to download the installer and run it. If you already have the ribbon installed, the necessary upgrades are applied, without the need to uninstall and reinstall.
Upgrades to .NET versions: When an upgrade to the .NET version required for the ribbon add-on is released, upgrading the add-on also attempts to upgrade your .NET version if needed.
Echo360 currently does not have a notification mechanism to let you know when there are updates. So you should plan to periodically upgrade the add-on, to take advantage of any new features. Changes and enhancements to the ribbon add-on are generally listed in the Release Notes under their corresponding Echo360 release dates.
Downloading and running the installer
To download and install the add-on
- Log in as an Instructor or Admin.
- Click the Settings menu to open it and select Downloads, shown in the below figure.
- On the Downloads page, select the PowerPoint Ribbon Windows Download appropriate for the version of PowerPoint you are running (see note at the top of this page to find out which version you have).
NOTE: If you download the wrong version of the ribbon, it will complete the installation but the add-on will not be installed. Be sure to select the appropriate download for your version of Office.
- Locate the downloaded file and double-click the setup.exe file to start the installer.
- Follow the prompts through the wizard. NOTE that the installer checks for the presence of .NET. If it does not find the version it needs, it will prompt you to install .NET 4 or later.
- When it completes, click Finish to close the installer.
You should now be able to open PowerPoint and see a new tab on the toolbar titled Echo360. If you do not, be sure you have installed the add-on version appropriate for your version of Office (this may be different than the version of the Windows OS you are running; see the note at the top of this page).