You can download content from the Content area of your Echo Home page, if you need or want a local copy of the media for offline viewing or file manipulation outside of Echo360. You may also be able to download content that has been shared with you (see Viewing Shared Content for why you may or may not be able to). See also Downloading Content from a Class to download media you only have access to through a course.
If the purpose of downloading a Shared file is to then upload the file to your library so you have your own version, you should instead Create a copy of the media, if this option is available to you.
With respect to downloading presentations, the item downloaded is the original file that was uploaded. This means that:
- If the file has not been altered, you will get the same presentation you see in Echo360.
- If slides have been added, they will not appear in the downloaded file.
- If slides have been deleted, they do appear in the downloaded file.
- Interactive activity slides are not included in any download.
- If the file was created in Echo360, the Download original option is grayed out; these presentations do not have an originally uploaded file to download.
If downloading is disabled for the institution or for a particular piece of media due to other settings in the system, you will not see any download options for that media.
To download media to your local computer
Click the menu button on the media tile, select More Actions and then select Download (if it is available).
- If you are downloading a video, you will see a selection dialog box similar to that shown in the below figure.
- Select whether to download the Video file or the Audio only file. If the classroom capture had DUAL visual feeds, you are asked to select which you want. This is shown below.
- Use the buttons below the thumbnails to to select which quality of video you want (SD or HD). If you select the audio file, only an MP3 option is shown below the thumbnails.
The size of the download file is shown with each of the the quality options.
- Click Close once the download has begun.
ALTERNATELY, you can download files from the Content Details page, as follows
- Click on the tile to open the media details page.
- Click the Download option, located with the other media options below the preview panel, as shown in the below figure.
- Select whether to download the Video or the Audio file for the item, along with the SD or HD version of the Video file (if that was selected). If you are downloading a presentation, move to the next step.
- Depending on your browser settings, you may be prompted to save the file to a specific location, or the browser may automatically save it to your Downloads folder.
- Click Close to close the download dialog box.