Who can do this?
Any user with Add & Upload permissions in a group can add library media to that group.
Administrators or Delegated Administrators who are members of a group do not have a library page, but can still add media to the group, either from within the group itself or from the Groups sharing section of the Media Details page.
Sharing library media to a Group simply makes the media accessible by other members of the group. All group members can then view the media, but may also be able to copy, download, or share the media to other locations. The media itself, however, still resides in your library.
The menu button on the media tile in your library contains a Share command. Use this to share this piece of media to other users, course classes (if available), and groups.
Sharing media to a group can also be done from:
You can use the below instructions to Remove media from a group as well. Simply open the Groups sharing tab as described, and click the X next to any groups the media is shared to, and in which you have Remove media permissions. This is shown at the bottom of this page.
To share media to a Group from the media tile menu
- Click Library from the main menu.
- Use the Filters and/or Search box to find the library item you want to share.
- Hover over the media tile and click the Menu button, as identified in the below figure.
- Select Share from the media options menu.
If the Share option is grayed out, you may not own this media, or otherwise do not have permission to share it.
The Share settings modal appears with the Individuals tab active by default.
- Click the Groups tab to activate it.
- Use the Share with drop-down list at the bottom of the modal to select a group to share the media with.
- Type directly into the textbox to filter the list based on the text provided. Continue typing or backspace as needed to find the group you want.
Important: The groups shown for selection only include those groups in which you have Add media rights.
Select the group you want to add this media to. Once selected, the group appears in the Groups list, as shown in the below figure. The media also appears in the Content tab of the group.
Repeat the above steps to share the item into other groups. All of the groups that contain this media also appear in this list.
Click the X next to a group to remove this media from that group.
The X button ONLY appears if you also have "Remove" privileges in the group. Add & Upload and Remove media rights are separately granted permissions in each group; you may be able to add media to a group but not remove it.