Once a Transcript has been reviewed and/or edited for accuracy, it can be applied to a video as the closed captions file.
Understand that the transcript-based captions will not have non-speaking elements such as "music" or "paper shuffling" as visual indications of non-spoken sounds (like closed captions may have), but it will provide visual indications of the spoken sounds of the speaker for users (as text).
To apply an edited transcription as a closed caption file
- Open the transcript editor.
- Click Edit Transcript to open edit mode.
- Make any changes necessary and save the changes to the transcript.
- Click the Apply to CC button. This applies the current version of the transcript to the closed captioning file for the video.
- Review the confirmation message that appears, and click Apply to apply the transcript as closed captions for the media.
To see the applied transcript in action, play the video in the playback panel, with the CC button turned on. This is shown in the figure earlier on this page.