Who can do this?
Administrators for all media;
Instructors, and Teaching Assistants for media they own and for course media or shared media if they have editing rights to it;
Students only for media they own.
There may be some times when you need to delete all of the transcriptions applied to a piece of media. It could be that the transcription is so inaccurate as to be difficult to use, or some user has created/edited the transcript in a way that is inappropriate. In these instances, you can delete the transcript from the media.
You may decide to then re-publish the media to have it auto-transcribed through ASR, or ask the administrator to request ASR transcripts for this media. Alternately if the closed captions on the media are usable, you can download the captions.vtt file for the media (from the Details tab of the Media Details page), then upload it as a transcription.
IMPORTANT: Selecting to delete transcripts deletes ALL VERSIONS of the transcripts applied to the media. If you want to retain one or any of those versions, download the transcript VTT file(s) first, then delete the transcripts.
To delete all transcripts from a piece of media
- Click on the tile of a piece of media in your Library to open the media details page.
- In the bottom section, click the Details tab as shown below.
- Find the Transcripts entry identified in the below figure.
- Click the chevron to the right of Update and select Delete from the drop-down list.
- Review the information in the warning dialog box. If appropriate to do so, click OK.
- ALL transcript versions are removed from the media. Notice also that the option next to Transcripts in the media details page now reads Add.