If you have a question or comment to make while viewing content in the New Player or want to reply to a post someone else made, use the Discussion panel. The panel is always shown while viewing authenticated content with the Full-Tab Player. If viewing content in the Embedded Player, Discussion is available from a link below the player itself that also shows the count of any new post created within the last 24 hours.
Comment and Reply fields will accept several thousand characters, and while you can enter line breaks into the field, they are not retained. This means the readability of the post provides a practical limit to how much you can enter. Attachments are limited to 10MB.
Creating a New Comment
The Discussions panel shows an Add Comment button that will expand the Comment field at the top of the panel.
- Click + Comment to expand the Comment field.
- Enter text into the Comment field.
- Click the paperclip icon to include an attachment with your comment.
- Select whether to Reference content with the question. This simply means that the player will sync to the comment when another user selects it.
- Enable the Hide my name slider to hide your name from other students viewing the comment. Instructors can always see the authors of all posts.
- Click Confirm.
The comment can now be viewed and replied to by other users viewing the media.
If you are viewing Interactive Media and there are Polling Questions that have not been answered, then any Discussion post with a Video Reference (or any replies to it) will not be seen until you have answered all polling questions that reside prior to the referenced location. You will see a notification in the Discussion panel that indicates one or more posts are currently hidden.
Reply to a Comment
Any posted comment can receive multiple replies, generating discussions about the material. Use the View Replies/Hide Replies link located below each comment to view/hide the replies.
- To respond to a posted comment, click on the Reply icon or click the View Replies link directly below the comment.
The comment then expands to provide a Reply field as shown below.
- Enter text into the Reply field
- Click the paperclip icon to include an attachment with your reply.
- Enable the Hide my name slider to hide your name from other students viewing the reply. Instructors can always see the authors of all posts.
- Click Confirm.
Additional Discussion Features
To endorse a particular post, click the Like icon.
Click the Edit icon located to the right of a comment/reply to edit a post. All users can edit their own (and only their own) questions or responses.
Click the Delete icon located to the right of a comment/reply to delete a post. All users can delete their own posts, and instructors can delete any post.